I've been looking at Patrick lately and trying to figure out who he looks like. So many people have said he looks like me, which saddens me a bit because I want him to look like Aaron mostly (can't help it if I want my son to be as handsome as his daddy!). However, I got a nice surprise last Friday when I took Patrick down to Fort Bragg to have him enrolled in DEERS and Tricare. The lady who put his information into the computer said he looked just like Aaron. Apparently Aaron's ID picture came up in the system and that's what she had to go by. I absolutely love the fact that she said he looks a lot like Aaron, especially since she was just looking at an ID picture... and let's face it, ID pictures aren't always the best representation of a person. A few weeks ago, it hit me that it is truly amazing that Aaron and I have this little person who is half him and half me. When we first started dating, it was him and me. The way he looks and the way I look. Now, we have this beautiful baby boy who is a culmination of both of us. I still can't believe it. And by looking at him lately, I've noticed that he has Aaron's lips and my nose. Aaron's chin (there's the slightest little dimple there) and definitely Aaron's smirk. He gets my "stretch face." You know, the face you make when you have a good, long stretch. And by the way, it cracks me up to no end when he gets one of those biiiiiig stretches. His eyes haven't reached their permanent color yet, they're still the blueish gray he had when he was born, but I'm crossing my fingers that he'll get his daddy's gorgeous blue eyes.


No comments:
Post a Comment